I provide one-on-one recovery coaching in Vancouver, BC Canada and online worldwide for adults struggling with eating disorders and disordered eating. For example:
- Disordered eating or 'atypical' eating disorder diagnoses
- Anorexia nervosa
- Bulimia nervosa
- Binge eating disorder
- Orthorexia or obsession with healthy or clean eating
Working together, I would love to help you to move towards a life of more freedom, self-acceptance, authenticity and joy.
What our work together can look like:
- I will support you in working with your here and now thoughts, feelings and behaviour goals and the How’s of recovery rather than on underlying or larger psychological issues or diagnosis which is the realm of therapy. For example, our work may include:
- Learning and practicing new ways of coping with difficult emotions
- Developing self-compassion
- Body image healing work
- Exploring your true values
- Exploring and working on motivation, patience and hope and your Why's for recovery
- Learning and practicing ways of challenging eating disorder thoughts
- Helping you to set goals and supporting and guiding you in achieving your goals
- Challenging eating disorder behaviours in a planned, supported way
- Eating meals, snacks and fear foods together as you feel ready
- Supporting you with grocery shopping, meal preparation, clothing shopping, and other practical aspects of recovery work
- Supporting you in accessing and strengthening your authentic self or wise mind so that this part of you can heal your eating disorder self and
- Supporting the work you're doing with your treatment team, therapist or dietitian.
How we can work together:
- I provide coaching services online anywhere in the world via videoconferencing.
- Sessions are usually on a weekly basis but this can be tailored to your needs and, if relevant, recommendations from your treatment team, therapist or dietitian.
- The focus and length of each session will be individualized and based on your goals, as well as collaboration with any treatment team members you may have.
- If you do not currently have an outpatient treatment team such as a therapist and/or dietitian I will discuss with you whether I feel you need them in order to work together as coaching cannot replace treatment or work with licensed professionals.
You can also visit my FAQ page for more detailed information about coaching plus other common questions and answers.
I offer a free 20-minute video discovery call so that we can determine if working together would be a good fit! Connect with me to schedule this. I would love to hear from you.