I provide individualized one-on-one recovery coaching anywhere in the world via video for individuals 19 years and older struggling with eating disorders and disordered eating. For example, I specialize in supporting individuals struggling with:
- Disordered eating or 'atypical' eating disorder diagnoses
- Anorexia nervosa
- Bulimia nervosa
- Compulsive exercise
- Orthorexia or obsession with healthy or clean eating
What Our Sessions Will Support You In:
Through a combination of talking sessions, meal support sessions, between-session goals and activities, and after-hours support by text or email that meets your individual needs, our work together will support you in working with your here and now thoughts, feelings and behaviour goals and the How’s of your recovery. For example, our session work and take-home exercises and goals may include:
- Learning and practicing new ways of coping with difficult emotions
- Developing and practicing self-compassion
- Body image healing work
- Exploring your true values
- Exploring and working on motivation, patience and hope and your Why's for recovery
- Learning and practicing ways of challenging eating disorder thoughts
- Helping you to set goals and supporting and guiding you in achieving your goals
- Challenging eating disorder behaviours in a planned, supported way
- Eating meals, snacks and fear foods together as you feel ready
- Supporting you with grocery shopping, meal preparation, clothing shopping, and other practical aspects of recovery work
- Supporting you in accessing and strengthening your authentic self or wise mind so that this part of you can heal your eating disorder self and
- Supporting the work you're doing with your treatment team, therapist or dietitian.
- I'm able to support individuals anywhere in the world via videoconferencing.
- Both talking and meal support sessions are typically 60 minutes in length. However, 30- or 120-minute sessions are also available.
- Sessions are typically on a weekly basis but this can be tailored to your needs and, if relevant, recommendations from your treatment team, therapist or dietitian.
- The focus of each session will be individualized and based on your goals, as well as collaboration with any treatment team members you may have.
- If you do not currently have an outpatient treatment team such as a therapist and/or dietitian I will discuss with you whether I feel you may need them in order to work together as coaching cannot replace outpatient treatment or work with licensed professionals.
Further details about how recovery coaching works plus common questions and answers can also be found on my FAQ page.
I offer a free 20-minute video discovery call so that we can determine if working together would be a good fit! Connect with me to schedule this. I would love to hear from you.